You have no items in your shopping bag.
- What is our commitment to trading responsibly?
- At Needle & Thread we strive to make our business as ethically aware & responsible as possible. The people we employ and the environment in which we live and work are our greatest assets and we believe that it is our responsibility to ensure they are taken care of.
- Where do we make our clothes?
We manufacture our products in the suburbs of Delhi, India. We employ a permanent team based in the region to oversee and manage the production. Regular presence in our small network of factories allows us to closely monitor the quality of the collection and the way in which it is produced.
- What is our policy on tackling human rights violations found within our supply chain?
- In reaction to the Modern Slavery Act 2015, we have implemented a new business strategy that better enables us to research, identify and remediate human rights violations in our supply chain. We have a zero-tolerance policy; but face a very real challenge in navigating the common complexities found beyond our primary factories. However, we strongly believe that with the right attitude we can pioneer change in order to achieve our expectations. We have an in-house team dedicated to managing this, and with the support of our factories and stakeholders, we have implemented a labour code of practise that provides a clear framework within which we operate.
Please click here to view our code of conduct.
- Do we audit our factories?
- Yes, we require our factories to be audited by a third party auditor. In 2016 we became B members of Sedex (www.sedexglobal.com) to help us manage the communication of factory audit reports. In 2017 we upgraded to an A/B membership which allows us to maximise the benefits of the platform. We engage with our factories directly and require that they hold their own Sedex membership so that we can share audit information and manage remediation with speed and efficiency.
- Do we use fur or skins?
- No, we do not use fur or skins in our product.
- Do we use Angora?
- All of our products are angora free.
- Do we use any animal products in the Needle & Thread collection?
- Yes, we have lambswool and cashmere in our current knitwear.
- Do we test any of our products on animals?
- No, our products are not tested on animals. Our product testing is carried out in a lab using specialist machinery to ensure that it is fit for purpose.
- Do we use organic fabrics?
- Organic options of the fabric qualities we use are not commonly available in the market at the moment, therefore organic fabrics are not currently used in the Needle & Thread collections. Our product teams are constantly reviewing new sourcing options with the hope that viable organic, or more environmentally friendly alternatives, do become available.
- Are our garments sustainable?
- Our goal is to create timeless investment pieces. Our fabrics, components and trims are carefully selected to withstand the test of time and we are always looking for new ways in which we can improve our product. By encouraging timeless wear we are attempting to reduce the chances of our pieces being disposed of in an environmentally unfriendly manner. Creating a more sustainable product is a constant challenge and we are very mindful of doing what we can to work towards a more sustainable future.
- Is our packaging recyclable?
- Our delivery boxes and packing tissue are 100% recyclable. The stickers used on the cardboard delivery boxes and our plastic delivery bags are not recyclable, but we are transitioning to fully recyclable options. By the end of 2018 all our packaging will be fully recyclable.